Some people I know and I had a really big chat about where IRC is and could be heading. Please at-me if:
1) You use Matrix, Slack, or Discord, with what they give you over IRC that are show-stoppers
2) You use IRC, with what pain-points IRC gives you, what you envy in other clients/protocols, and what you'd like to see an improved IRC offer
I just seen that Librem 5 review video, and it's frankly painful.
* No working camera on release
* No working bluetooth on release
* Screen down to single-digit frame rate
* Terrible application ecosystem
* 720p screen
* Redeeming factor "you can blow away your home dir just like on the desktop"
Honestly, I don't understand how this guy is a credible reviewer. He's made his mind up about it being good and spends the entire time making promises for the future, and apologising for the issues it has today.
On the screen "it's amazing, it's beautiful, I wouldn't change a thing". Tries to compare it to his Pixel/Pixel 2 (he can't remember which he has and says he doesn't care). How can you make such a statement without explaining your reasons or even having a known benchmark to compare.
"The flagship Pixel phone feels exactly the same in my hand", and you can see one's twice as big as the other.
It's a breathless, fanboy advert, not a review and it pains me this is the quality of ambassadorship that Linux and Linux-on-the-mobile has.
Craving the feel, but knowing it's about a broken relationship :/
@igeljaeger this is very clearly the BSL sign "2"
@kline note, Duolingo doesn't teach you Japanese badly, it teaches you bad Japanese
@kline I have a rule: never automate things that are pleasant to do, even if they are repetitive.
s̶h̶i̶t̶t̶y̶̶ ̶p̶̶y̶t̶h̶o̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶, freenode staffer
I'm an air trafficker now, zoom zoom planes
staff can't code
I don't work in tech anymore
cmpwn.com is a private Mastodon instance for friends of SirCmpwn.