On my way to HOPE!
Problems we are having with #Signal:
* It is and will remain centralized (clear strategy of *not* federating servers)
* It requires strong identifiers/selectors (phone#) to use
* Author disallows distribution by anyone but Google, although free/libre
* It keeps pushing away verification of fingerprint in interface
* It relies on Google+Amazon infrastructure
* Its funding is shady (OTF = Radio Free Asia = USG)
= clearly unethical choices, unjustifiable by accessibility or technological reasons.
I still have 7 emails in personal inbox 🙁
0 emails in work inbox for the first time in months
@paul thanks for the feedback. Communicating how it works better is definitely desirable, but I'm holding off on more docs until it's more tangible - I don't want to document workarounds for missing features etc. Blocker for beta
If you're tempted by the $20/year price point you should definitely hop on board and try it out during the beta. There'll be another pricing discussion in advance of stable, with a better understanding of the service by then you'll be well equipped to participate.
In Praise Of Windows: Remaining fixed in one location, for eight hours each day, for years on end, can bestow a real appreciation for the sun's annual and subtle motion in the sky.